Bibliography : Secondary Sources
Dissertations, Journal Articles & Paper Presentations
Compiled by Saurabh Anand.
- Matta, Mara. “The Novel and the North-East: Indigenous Narratives in Indian Literatures,” in Indian Literature and the World Multilingualism, Translation, and the Public Sphere, edited by edited by Rossella Ciocca, Neelam Srivastava, Palgrave Macmillan, London, 2017. (Discusses The House with a Thousand Stories).
- Matta, Mara. “A Thousand and One Tales,” EastWest Magazine, August 2013, Rome, Italy. (Discusses The House with a Thousand Stories).
- Baishya, Amit R. “The ‘secret killings’ of Assam in literature”. Himal Southasian, November 2013. Kathmandu, Nepal. Web. <http://himalmag.com/secret-killings-of-assam-in-literature/> (Discusses The House with a Thousand Stories).
- Banerjee, Rini. “Trauma of Insurgency in Aruni Kashyap’s The House With A Thousand Stories.” Langlit : An International Peer-reviewed Open-access journal. ISSN: 2349-5189. Volume I, Issue 3, February 2015.
- Bhattacharya, Dr. Kumar Sankar. “Mnemonic Memory and Amnesia in Aruni Kashyap’s The House with a Thousand Stories”. Paper presented at Banaras Hindu University, International Conference on Reading/Understanding Fiction in Contemporary Times, Varanasi, UP, March 5-6, 2014.
- Chatterjee, Soumen. “Journey towards Transculturalism: Reflections on Aruni Kashyap's The House with a Thousand Stories.” Dristi: The Sight, ISSN 2319-8281, Vol II, No I, Pp: 36-39. Print.
- Das, Nilankana. “Role of History in Rohinton Mistry's A Fine Balance and Aruni Kashyap's The House with A Thousand Stories.” Assam College Teachers Association (ACTA). ISBN, 2014. Print.
- Doley, Prerana Priya. “A Saga of tribulation: Ethno-Nationalism, Conflict and Violence in Aruni Kashyap’s The House With A Thousand Stories.” Veda’s Journal of English Language and Literature- JOELL 3.4(2016): 1-5.
- Gallerano, Alessandra. Language: A Right and a Responsibility; An Integrated Approach Through the Voices of Six Indian Writers - Rabindranath Tagore, Mahatma Gandhi, U R Ananthamurthy, Kamala Das, Sujata Bhatt and Aruni Kashyap. Diss. Università Degli Studi Di Perugia, 2007. Unpublished.
- Goyat, Ankur. “Ecoliterature and Ethics: A Study of Select Works of Aruni Kashyap”. Paper presented at “Towards Ecocultural Ethics: Recent Trends and Future Directions”, International Conference, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, BITS Pilani (Goa Campus), 9th, 10th and 11th October 2014.
- Kutty, Soumya Mathew. “Images of Violence in North East Indian Fiction”. Innovative Thoughts International Research Journal . pISSN 2321-5143 eISSN 2347-5722 Volume 2, Issue 5, April 2015. Print. < http://itirj.naspublishers.com/> Download PDF.
- Kakoti, Priyanka. “Voices From The Periphery: Indian English Writing From The Northeast.” International Journal of Innovative Research and Advanced Studies (IJIRAS) Volume 4 Issue 5, May 2017
- Kakoti, Priyanka. “Exploring the Gender Perspectives of Repression in Selected Fiction from The Northeast.” Gender Discourse in Indian Writings in English. Rigi Publication, 2014, pp. 101–118.
- Mathew, Jimin S. “Metafictional Self Reflexivity in Aruni Kashyap's novel The House with a Thousand Stories.” Paper presented at the ‘National Seminar on Indian Literature in English: New Directions, Newer Possibilities’, March 2014, Pondicherry University, Puducherry, India.
- Mathew, Jimin S & Muraleedharan K, Dr. Sreenath. “History Redefined: Reading Aruni Kashyap’s novel The House with a Thousand Stories as a Historiographic Metafiction," International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 119 No. 15 2018, 1879-1885, Special Issue. http://www.acadpubl.eu/hub/
- Nath, Monsumi. “Home and Space in Aruni Kashyap's The House with a Thousand Stories and Temsula Ao's short stories: An Ecocritical Negotiation.” PhD Diss. Dibrugarh University, Assam.
- Paul, Anindya Sundar, and Dr. Sri Krishan Rai. “Rainbow Rising: Indian Novels from Its North-Eastern Part.” Galaxy: International Multidisciplinary Research Journal. N.p., Mar. 2014. Web. <http://www.galaxyimrj.com/V3/n2/Paul.pdf>. (Discusses The House with a Thousand Stories).
- Paul, Anindya Sundar, and Dr. Sri Krishan Rai. “Discursive Formation of Reality: A Foucauldian Perspective to Aruni Kashyap’s The House with a Thousand Stories.” The Criterion: An International Journal in English. ISSN: 0976-8165 5.5 (2014): 12-25. Oct. 2014. Web. 7 Nov. 2014. <http://www.the-criterion.com/V5/n5/Anindya.pdf>.
- Rajan, Bhumika.“Deconstructing the Idea of Nation-state and Citizenship: Reading of Mitra Phukan’s ‘Hope’ and Aruni Kashyap’s The House with a Thousand Stories”. Paper presented at the “AAS-in-Asia Conference - Asia in Motion: Ideas, Institutions, Identities” organized by Academia Sinica (AS) in Taipei, Taiwan, and the Association for Asian Studies (AAS) in Ann Arbor, Michihan, USA, at Nankang, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Daa-dhora, Sumi, and Sivasish Biswas Biswas. “The Silenced Voices from the Northeast of India: Women During Political Violence.” MZU Journal of Literature and Cultural Studies, III, no. 2, ser. ISSN:2348-1188, Dec. 2016, pp. 07–26. ISSN:2348-1188.
- Saikia, Shyamolima. “A Critique of Aruni Kashyap’s The House with a Thousand Stories with Respect to Ethnicity, Militancy and Violence”. Paper presented in ICSSR Sponsored International Conference on Language, Ethnicity and Identity : 21st Century Perspectives organised by E.L.T.A.I. Assam Chapter in collaboration with Oil India Limited and Department of English, Tinsukia College.
- Sharm, Siba Prasad. “Crossing the Barriers of Terror: An Analysis of the Poetry of K. S. Nongkynrih, Mamang Dai, Robin S. Ngangom, Aruni Kashyap and Temsula Ao.” Paper presented at ‘National Seminar on Cultural Diversity and Social Integrity of North-East India: Its Past, Present and Future’, Karmashree Hiteswar Saikia College, Guwahati, Assam, September 10, 2015.
- Vijayan, Suchitra. "Bearing Literary Witness." Warscapes 8 May 2014: n. pag. Web. <http://www.warscapes.com/reviews/bearing-literary-witness>.